Thursday, April 9, 2009

Where was I, you ask?

I was in Hong Kong last week. I've been there enough times that I know my way around, for the most part, and just take the subway (they call it the MTR) around the city. My hotel was right next to one of the MTR stations, so I just hopped on over there every morning and was on my way. Here's the street I crossed every morning to get to the MTR. (The entrance is where that red and white spidery looking symbol is.)

I had some free time on Monday so I got some Starbucks (yes, I must have my coffee even in Hong Kong), grabbed a magazine and headed to a bench on Star Pier overlooking Kowloon Bay and Hong Kong Island. It had rained that morning, but the sun was shining when I took this pic...hence the squinting.
And, by the way, those glasses are a purchase from the local Hong Kong market...my prescription none the less...for a whopping $8!!! I had been needing to get some glasses. Score!

Maison lucked out with some glasses as well, sunglasses that is. I found a pair of "diva" sunglasses for $5.


So, what I'm getting at is that everything is on sale in Hong Kong too!!! The economy was the topic of discussion just like it is here. We are all in this together folks! Hopefully the jump in the market today is a sign of good things to come.

3 comments:

Diana of Diana Rambles said...

Oooh! How fun. We were in HK 2 years ago. Stayed in New Kawloon!

Jenni said...

What an awesome trip! And I LOVE the glasses!

Tina { Luphia Loves... } said...

the little pink sunglasses are so gorgeous!!