Tuesday, December 16, 2008

With all the hustle and bustle of the season, it is easy to lose sight of what is important in our life. It happens to the best of us. Last Thursday I was taking Maison's picture for our Christmas card (the first year I am even attempting this!), and I was not in the mood to play around. It was at the end of the day and I should have taken the picture a couple weeks before but couldn't because half the lights on our tree went out and I had been procrastinating fixing them. So, that night I took the ornaments and ribbon off, remove the old lights, replace them, put the ornaments and ribbon back up (on just half the tree...the top half...yeah...not fun) so I was feeling rushed and just wanted to get the picture taken after getting the whole light mess taken care of. Maison was so cooperative. She got in her Coco Bonbons holiday outfit and even let me put a headband on her! Then it was time to take the picture and here is where we started running into real trouble. Maison wanted Mommy in the picture too. Well, Mommy was not in any state to have a picture taken. I soon realized that I needed to relax and give in or she was not going to cooperate at all. Plus, I was missing the point of enjoying this time with my daughter. So, I quickly sat down with her and snapped a pic. We took the rest of the pictures without a hitch and got a really cute one to use for our card. It wasn't until that evening after I got Maison to bed that I downloaded the pictures and saw the picture of the two of us I had snapped so quickly. It is one of our best candid pictures to date. Figures. It's just another way for me to remind myself to slow down and enjoy the moment I'm in right now. Thank you my sweet girl.




4 comments:

Rachel said...

oh, she's so cute! and i love the dress. this is why i need to have a little girl next....

I am Harriet said...

Very sweet post :)

Diana of Diana Rambles said...

Kids have a way of opening out eyes like that.

I have to say that the holiday outfit looks adorable!!

annies home said...

She is so pretty and the dress i cant say enough I love the green colors and the tree does look good